April 10, 2016

Rest day...

Having spent a lot of money in Siem Reap (more that I could afford) I had to sacrifice a few days just for relaxing and avoid any expensive tours and temples. I awake in my room at the Palm lodge garden, eat the complimentary breakfast and head out for a mango shake. I spend a few hours just chilling in the restaurant, it is a hot day in Siem Reap and the air is thick.

Ayant dépensé beaucoup d'argent depuis mon arrivée a Siem Reap (en clair j'ai explosée mon budget) je décide de passee le reste de mon sejour dans la ville a me prelasser et eviter coute que coute de depenser. Je me reveille dans mon hotel Palm lodge garden, je mange le petit dejeuner (oeuf brouillés et pain) inclus puis sort pour trouver un jus de mango. Je m'arrete au sok san street restaurant ou je vais passer quelques heures. Il fait chaud a Siem Reap, trés chaud, irrespirable.

The cute back alley to my room


I return to my hotel room to rest and try to cool down under the fan. The water coming from my shower is rusty and super hot, that's not helping...

Je retourne a mon hotel, je me repose et essaie de me rafraichir un peu en m'allongeant sous le ventilateur. L'eau qui sort de mon pommeau de douche est rouillée et bouillante, ca n'aide pas...



I am starving, time to head out for some Indiand food. I will eat at the Taj Mahal Restaurant. The owner is really friendly, he explains to me, in a broken English, that he bought this restaurant just a few months ago. I order a chicken korma and naan bread. It is delicious! 

J'ai trés faim, je decide d'essayer le restaurant indien Taj Mahal que j'avais reperé. Le patron est super sympa et m'explique, dans un anglais difficile a comprendre, qu'il a acheter ce restaurant il y a quelques mois. Je commande un poulet korma et un naan. Delicieux!




On my way back to my hotel I can observe a typical Cambodian sunset. Beautiful red sun in this hazy sky. A lot of ashes are falling from the sky, I assume there is some some rice field burning action going on or just non toxic (haha) garbage being incinerated... hard to breathe.

Je retourne a mon hotel, sur le chemin j'apercois un magnifique coucher de soleil typiquement cambodgien. Le ciel est brumeux, et de la cendre tombe sur la route. Il est coutûme de bruler les rizières avant la saison des pluies, mais aussi les detritus, plastiques et autres dechets pas du tout toxique...



I say good night to the huge rat that just crawled under my foot, and chopchop off to bed.

Je dit bonne nuit a mon voisin le rat ENORME, et hop au lit.