May 28, 2016

Cameron Highlands, Malaysia






Gülay and I are headed to the Cameron Highlands! We will be travelling together for a little while, and I will probably be staying in Malaysia until the end of my trip. We meet Josh in the bus, we will hang around for a while. We pain to find a hostel, it is the Malay holiday and everything is full! I usually like to check my accommodation beforehand, to know if it will be a busy time or not. This time, I got caught in the "I don't know where I am going" vibe, but it's alright, it makes great stories. We finally manage to get two beds in a female dorm. In there I meet again with a couple I had previously seen in Ko Mook, Ko Lipe, Penang and now the Cameron Highlands! What a small world we live in...

Josh sends me a message to let us know that there is free food and booze in a newly opened bar. We join him there and then go for a meal at the market place.

Later that night we end up at the same bar, where a dozen of Indian men are drinking. They are loud, they are sweaty and those guys have been eating their fair share of soup when they where little. It is fun, but after a while we decide to leave... too late the storm has arrived and the sky is pouring rain. We wait  for a while, but it seems it wont end anytime soon. Some guys seem to want to pick a fight with Josh... time to head out! We are soaked, we try to catch a ride with a lady covered in her burqa but we obviously scare her... well we are soaked and covered in mud now. :)
















Accommodation: Eight Mentigi Guest House

No comments:

Post a Comment