May 23, 2016

Saying Goodbye to Thailand, heading South to Malaysia.



Saying Goodbye to Thailand, I landed in Bangkok for the first time at the beginning of April, after visiting Cambodia and Vietnam I spent almost a whole month in the south of Thailand. I'm sad to leave.. But it's alright, I'm planning a short visit in Maylaysia anyway, to continue my travels in Thailand, in the north this time. At least it is my plan.

I hop on the boat and arrive in Langkawi a few hours laters. I get my passport stamped, and let the officers check my bag. One of them asks me if I travel alone, my answer is that I am meeting my "fake" friend at the beach later in the afternoon. He quickly suggests that he should take me around town, and that we should go out together. I politely refuse trying not to make any waves, but when he insist, I cut him short "I think it is inappropriate"(YOUAREAFUCKINGOLDPIECEOFSHITPROBABLYMARRIEDANDWITHCHILDRENAREN'TYOUASHAMED) while quickly grabbing my bag and going out the door, straight into Langkawi. That man didn't look too happy, but he apparently didn't want the attention of his colleagues on him.

I am staying in Kuah. I straight away feel uneasy in the streets; men and their looks. I head back to my hotel to wear my (cliché Thailand tourist) elephant pants. It seems to work, at least I avoid the dirty looks. Most people seem nice and friendly (after I changed into my long trousers that it), and they great me in the streets. Hello here, hello there.

I've spent almost a week on Ko Lipe, not seing any cars or traffic other than the moto taxis. I already miss nature, maybe I'll find some good food here. But for tonight, for the first time in my life I'll have a cup of instant noodles for dinner and a few local snacks.























Accommodation: Cosy Inn, Kuah

No comments:

Post a Comment