May 11, 2016

Mini van to Nakhon Si Thammarat, from Chumphon


Hmm rambutan for breakfast, feels good to have something fresh in the morning.

I take a moto taxi to get to the mini van company. I'm hoping to get a ride to Nakhon Si Thammarat. I arrive at the offices of the mini van company. The lady doesn't speak any English but I understand that we will wait for the bus to get fully booked before leaving. I head out to buy some water. An older man is sitting at the cafe where I buy my water. He talks to me, he seems nice but I can't understand what he says. I walk back just in time, my bag is already in the mini van. It is a four and a hald hour drive to Nakhon Si Thammarat.

The cool thing with mini vans is that you can get a straight ride to your accomodation. I have booked a room in Teeny house hotel. The building is quite intriguing, all pink and sparkly. Hah, I guess that is why it is called Teeny House, not because it is tiny but because the entire place looks like a girly teenager room. I have AC, first time in weeks. I ask the receptionist if he knows how I could get to Khao Luang. He doesn't seem to know, or maybe he just doesn't want to help me...







Time to head out for a while, I am not planning to do much this evening. I just want to eat something and watch a movie. Why not got to the cinema for a change? I walk around town. It looks rather dirty, weird atmosphere in here. I buy fruits from a seller and I walk by the local market, the smell of rotten flesh is horrible... maybe I will find something to eat a bit further. I end up in the Big C shopping Center, funny to see all those students in their uniforms hanging around the mall. "Hello!". I will eat a spicy pork dish at Oishii Ramen, quite good, but it could be spicier!




I walk around in the evening, I am just curious to see what kind of street food they have around here! I have a quick dinner at the mall and then it hit me; I feel insecure here... I have a weird feeling in me, I shouldn't hang around here too long. It is already dark, luckily my hotel is just around the corner, in an unlit street. It is the first time that I felt this way in Thailand. 


Back in my room, I enjoy a few desserts I got from the 7- eleven.

Accommodation: Teeny House

No comments:

Post a Comment