May 22, 2016

Bleached corals on Ko Lipe, environmental disaster.


Early morning rise, I have had only a few hours of sleep after the party and the roach incident. I head to Pattaya beach where I will take a long-tail boat to the reefs. It is pretty stormy this morning but we will head there anyway. the corals are terribly bleached down here... sadly. Fortunately, the marine life still thrives. I observe fishes I had never seen before. The snorkelling off to Sunrise beach is fabulous, I feel like a mermaid.

I check in my new accomodation, a cool looking wooden bungalow with a balcony. Great view of the Sunset beach. I don't feel like going out today, I just want to eat a few take away rotis and mangoes while enjoying my last night on the island on my balcony. I invite Dirk and my Thai neighbour. It is already dark and huge bats are flying around from the nearby tree. The guys are leaving and I can finally enjoy some alone time. I eat my last roti and a few mangoes while watching some episodes of The Office. Bittersweet evening, I am not ready to leave this wonderful place...







































No comments:

Post a Comment