May 19, 2016

Start of the Rainy Season in Ko Lipe, Thailand



I awoke to the most magnificent of the landscapes, no sun rise, but a beautiful stormy morning on the shore. I run around with my friend the dog, the sweetest of them. We run together on the beach and up to my bungalow. Funnily he runs straight inside, we will spend the whole morning snoozing, waiting for the tropical rains to pass. What a great feeling to lay in bed with the bamboo windows wide open, llistening to the sound of the storm and the rain drops. Once or twice I hear a shake from under my bed, as my doggy friend gets a bit of a shiver when he hears the thunder. 

 We head for a long swim, I cannot believe how clear the water is, the corals are just under our feet. The dog is here swimming with me too, occasionally jumping in my arms exhausted from swimming, patting my shoulders and trying t catch fishes. It is just so funny how he walk on his rear legs in the water, sometimes standing on the corals to look around for fishes. 

I meet up with Dirk again, maybe we will go for a massage or just go out to buy more mangoes, last night rats digges holes in two of the mangoes I had secured up high. Those things are ninjas! We get some food in my favorite very Thai restaurant. I wolf down a to-die-for Tom yam and a mango shake. Time to head to the Sunset beach!

We somehow managed to get ourselves hungry for burgers, we roam around the walking street in the hunt for one. There are a lot of Thai tourist around, it is hot and quite claustrophobic. We find a small restaurant with cheap burgers. Dirk has the Grand idea of adding a ton of ice to our beers to keep them cool longer. A bad idea, I knew it from the start! Watery beers it is. :D

Then a plate of stir fried water morning glory on the beach with a cool fire show and lightnings in the sky, and then a few drinks here and there! We take a swim with my lovely Dog friend, that filthy rascal is having fun with one of my shirt. No now he thinks my flip flop is way funnier "get back here you little ...". 💗
























Accommodation: Forra Diving Resort, Pattaya Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment