May 13, 2016

Trang, Thailand



I arrived in Trang this morning, I took the bus from Nakhon Si Thammarat. I stepped out in front of a shopping mall in Trang, by mistake and luck, I did not know where the actual bus station was in Trang, and my hostel was quite close when I stood up. I got on a motrbike to get to my hostel, we had some troubles to find it at first but we finally did. I'm staying in Nookhouse, it is a cute little hostel in Trang. I am apparently one of the few overnighting there as there is only an other person in the dorm with me. 




I head out for food, bloody hell it's hot. I have trouble finding a local restaurant to eat at. I buy a cool looking shaved ice type of drink. So cute, the girls are apparently selling those right outside their garage. The even enourage me to choose more sweets to go with the dessert.

After a while walking around, I finally opt to eat at the mall. I will have spicy bacon pasta, expensive, small portions but quite tasty. I stop at a wholesale type of supermarket. One of the seller is super friendly with me, she absolutely wants to help me choose my new toothbrush. Alright, if it makes you happy! Shoot, it is raining buckets outside! While waiting for the heavy rain to stop, a small thai muslim man starts chatting with me. He is a teacher in the muslim high school here in Trang. The rain lasts for maybe ten minutes and stops, the place is drenched! I head back to the hostel, tonight I will go back out to the night market.




Back at the hostel, I meet the other guy staying in the dorm. He is a Korean guy, he has been travelling for a while now, he quit his job for it. It apparently is a big deal in Korea to do so. We try to communicate, it is quite complicated as he doesn't speak English much and his accent is totally weird. :D He is anyway nice, I head out to the night market, it has been raining while we were having a beer back at the hostel so it feels quite cool now. The market isn't big, street food and clothing. Everybody seems happy to hang around there.

It is late at night but I feel totally safe walking back home alone, only a few aggressive dogs barking at each others but they give no crap about humans. Tomorrow I sail to Ko Muk!

Accommodation: Nokhook house

No comments:

Post a Comment