April 05, 2016

Monitor lizards in Bangkok! Lumpini parc

Third day in Thailand. I now feel complitely comfortable being here, on my own. This morning, the whole dorm woke up to the sound of the American, the creature that doesn't give a crap about anyone else. Anywho, I got ready, packed my dirty laundry and went for a breakfast in the next door family restaurant Nancy's home. Thai breakfast, minced pork soup with rice and a papaya/lychee/... delicious! But once again the portion was huge! Couldn't finnish my bowl.

Troisième journée en Thailande, ce matin reveil en fanfare par un groupe de ricain qui n'ont clairement aucune intention de laisser les occupant du dortoir dormir. Ils partent tôt, tant mieux. Je me prepare, trie mon linge sale (40 baht pour une lessive) et sort prendre mon petit dejeuner a Nancy's house, le restaurant a côté de l'hotel. Petit dejeuner Thai, soupe de riz au porc et un smothie papaye/lychee/.... Delicieux! Les portions sont enormes, impossible de finir.


After the breakfast, I decided to try Über taxis in Thailand, and got a ride to what I thought was a big Tesco but I ended up in a mall full of Thai teenagers. It was actually pleasant to visit a place where tourist don't set foot. Bought myself a bag of pea chips, drinks and a pack of fruits. I then walked straight to the Lumpini park. What an awesome place! I was hoping to spot a few monitor lizards and how "lucky" to have seen a dozen, in every sizes and shape! That was exactly what i needed, to get out of the city and ezperience some exotic wildlife.

Aprés le petit dejeuner, je decide d'essayer Uber en Thailande. Je me rend au Tesco a quelques pas du parc Lumpini. J'achete une barquette de fruit et quelques boissons. Je marche une vingtaine de minutes jusqu'au parc, j'espère pouvoir y observer des varan, lezards et autre animaux. A peine le portail passé, j'apercois dejà un varan sur le bord de l'eau. Ce parc est magnifique! Exactement ce dont j'avais besoin, sortir de la ville pour rejoindre la nature.



































Parc rangers disposing of the body of a GIANT dead fish that was floating in the lake a few meters from me. One of the ranger absolutely wantes me to see it closer and to touch it (like the kids did ). No thanks, I'll just take photos!

J'ai pu assister au repechage d'un poisson mort gigantesque qui flottait dans l'eau. Un des garde voulait absoluement que je vienne voir le poisson de plus près et même que j'aille le toucher. Non merci haha!




























Tiring day but well worth it! For diner, green chicken curry.

Journée fatiguante mais ca valait le coup! Et pour le diner, curry vert au poulet.