April 16, 2016

Stuck in paradise, Koh Rong Samloem


I almost missed the sunrise this morning, difficult morning probably caused by a pretty bad sun burn. Could not have passed on that one. I see Martin already in the water, I take photographs before joining him. Sabrina awakens slowly.

J'ai presque raté le levé du soleil ce matin, j'ai eu du mal a me reveiller. Surement due au coup de soleil que j'ai sur le visage. Passage obligé... Je vois Martin dejà dans l'eau, je prend quelques photos avant de le rejoindre. Sabrina se reveille doucement.




Sadly, it is our last day in Samloem.

C'est notre dernier jour a Samloem.





That's me in the water!











Our boat is at 4 pm, but we are in Southeast Asia so had a few hours to that. Endless wait, I have blisters on my foot that make it difficult to walk on the sandy path and my sunburns are rather painful. There are worse places to be stuck in, right? ;) 
The speedboat will never reach the pier and we will embark on an old boat, sunset cruise style.

Notre bateau est a quatre heure de l'aprés midi, c'est bien sur sans compter les quelques heures de retard. Mes coups de soleil me font mal, et j'ai quelques ampoules au pied qui m'empeche de marcher correctement dans le sable. J'aurais pu etre coincé dans un endroit pire que ca non? ;)
Le speedboat ne viendra jamais, on embarque dans un vieux bateau, juste pour le coucher du soleil. 






I almost slept all the way to Sihanoukville, we say goodbye to Martin and an other Swiss girl we met while waiting. Sabrina and I will share a ride. I have reserved a hostel that no tuk tuk driver ever heard of. Tired and not wanting to look around alone at night, I will stay at the same hostel Sabrina is staying at. Luckily they had one bed left for me! Off to sleep!

Je dors pendant presque tout le trajet jusqu'a Sihanoukville. On dit au revoir a Martin et à une autre fille suisse qu'on a rencontré au jetty. Je partage un tuk tuk avec Sabrina. J'ai reservé un hotel qu'aucun chauffeur de tuk tuk ne connait. Je ne prend pas le risque de me retrouver a chercher l'hotel de nuit. Je continue le chemin avec Sabrina, heureusement son hostel a un lit de libre pour moi! Au dodo!

Accomodation: Backpacker Heaven Sihanoukville