April 09, 2016

Amazing Cambodia, Beng Mealea and Banteay Srei in Angkor





This morning we will be visiting Beng Mealea temple. I am thrilled as it is the temple I long the most for. It is also known as the Jungle temple. I check out from the hotel and hop onto my tuk tuk, it is 7 am.

Ce matin, nous allons visiter le temple Beng Mealea. Je check out de l'hotel et monte dans mon tuk tuk. Il est 7 heures du matin.

...

On the way I have the chance to have a touch of the Cambodian countryside and villages. It is wonderfull! I see children playing, women working, men taking a nap in their little bambou houses...

Sur la route, je peux apercevoir des villages et la campagne Cambodgienne. C'est magnifique, les enfants jouent, les parents travaillent, les vieux fument ou font la sieste dans leurs baraques en bambou...







I am one of the first to enter the temple. What a wonderful place!



Je suis une des première a arriver au temple. Quelle merveille! 









































Sothy my tuk tuk driver and I decide to continue the day with Banteay Srei, the temple with red stones, north of Siem Reap.

Avec Sothy, mon chauffeur de tuk tuk, nous decidons de continuer avec Banteay Srei, le temple aux pierres rouge.

....

The drive through the countryside truly is the highlight of this day... I even get a preview of the mountains. Sadly, the trash and garbage spread near the roads and on the fields are ruining the natural beauty of the country. Horryfying...

De cette journée, le trajet a travers la campagne est la chose qui m'a le plus emmerveillée. Mais la vue cauchemardesque des dechets qui jonchent les routes et les champs est a vomir...






















Back in Siem Reap, I check in my new room that it way less expensive than my previous hotel. I rest for a while, and force myself up to go and grab a bite. My hotel being a bit further from the street where I usually have my diner, I decide to eat in a restaurant next to my hotel. I order a vegetable soup... of mediocre quality. Hah. 

Good Night!

De retour a Siem Reap, je decouvre ma nouvelle chambre, qui est deux fois moins cher que l'hotel precedent, je me repose un peu puis sort manger dans un restaurant juste a coté de mon hotel. Je n'ai pas trés faim, mais aprés cette longue journée je dois reprendre des forces. Je commande une soupe de legume qui s'averera être sans interet.

Bonne Nuit!




 


Accomodation: Palm Garden Lodge, Siem Reap.