April 12, 2016

Night bus from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville


This morning, I will join Joel at the bar- restaurant for a breakfast/lunch. I check out from my hotel, take a few snaps of the garden, leave my bag at the reception and head out. We will share a Khmer porc larb and a few spring rolls.

Ce matin je vais rejoindre Joel au bar-restaurant pour un petit déjeuné/repas de midi. Je rend les clefs de ma chambre et prend quelques photo de la court de l'hotel. Je laisse mon sac a la reception puis je me mets en chemin. On va deguster un Larb Khmer au porc et quelques nems.





Tonight, I will take the night bus to Sihanoukville with the Virak Buntham company, having heard horror stories from travelers and other concerned people telling me that it is unsafe, I pondered the whole night weither I should use their services or not, I settled to take the "risk" anyway.

Ce soir, je vais voyager de Siem Reap à Sihanoukville de nuit avec la compagnie de bus Virak Buntham. Aprés avoir lu et entendue des histoires louche sur cette compagnie de bus ainsi que des avis negatif à leur propos je me decide de quand même tenter l'aventure.

...

After spending a nice afternoon with Joel, I walk back to my hotel to retrieve my bag and hop onto a tuk tuk. Along with complimentary breakfast, my hotel also provides a free transfer to/from the airport or bus station.

Aprés avoir passé un bel aprés midi avec Joel, je retourne a mon hotel pour recuperer mon sac et je mon dans le tuk tuk de l'hotel. En plus du petit dejeuné inclus, mon hotel propose egalement un transfer aller- retour de l'aeroport/station de bus gratuit.

...

The bus is cramped, one sleeper bed for two people but comfortable enough to sleep. I share the sleeper bed with an English guy in his teens. We talk for a while, he says he had spent four days in Siem Reap and visited the temples of Angkor once only... for an hour... because they were being "too hangover" to stay. Sad to travel all the way from the UK and skip the temples just because you want to party your ass off, oh well whatever.
The rest of the trip goes smooth, we make a few stops, but no pee break for ladies. The air con is running, there is even wifi on board... nothing scary at all. I'm happy to have gone for it anyway!


Le bus est composé de couchettes de deux place, on est a l'etroit mais c'est assez comfortable pour dormir. Je partage la couchette avec un anglais. On parle un peu, il me raconte que lui et ses pote ont passé quatres jours a Siem reap et ont visité les temples qu'une fois et juste pour une heure, car ils avaient la "trop la gueule de bois" pour sortir. Tant pis pour eux.
Le reste du trajet se passe bien, je dors bien. La clim est en marche et il y a même la wifi. Je suis contente de ne pas m'être arrétée aux avis negatifs, et d'avoir quand même tenter l'aventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment