April 18, 2016

Off to Kampot!






I wake up to the sounds of Sabrina packing her bags, we hug and say goodbye to each other. She will be going to Phnom Penh today. I sleep a little while longer. When I wake up again, I go for a breakfast at the restaurant. A delicious chicken marinara wrap with fries, nam. It is still early, I decide to head down the street to see if the jeans shop is open. No luck with that, whatever.

Je me reveille, Sabrina est en train de preparer son sac, on se dit au revoir. Elle se rend a Phnom Penh aujourd'hui. Je me rendors quelques minutes puis je me lève pour le petit dejeuner. Il est encore tôt, je descend dans la rue pour verifier si le magasin ou j'ai acheter mes jeans est ouvert. Pas de chance, personne n'est la.


I am now waiting for the pick up van to actually pick me up. It is pretty late, but the lady at the reception assures me it is still coming. The ride is bumpy and I arrive in Kampot shortly, it is beautiful and I can clearly see the French influence.

J'attend dans le lobby, mon mini van est en retard. La femme a la reception m'assure que le van va bientôt arriver. Le trajet est agité mais j'arrive a Kampot rapidement. La ville est belle, Kampot est une ancienne ville coloniale Francaise.

...

I do not stay downtown, I have booked a one person bungalow outside of the city, by the river. My tuk tuk driver offers me his services, I take his phone number and tells him that I might contact him to go to the Bokor mountains tomorrow. I arrive at the Blue Frog, I am greeted by a nice Cambodian lady, she takes my bag and tell me that my room is not yet ready. Behind the bar stands a British guy, it seems he is working here but will be going away soon. I also meet three other Brits, a girl with her boyfriend (not sure) and a middle aged man. I have a refreshing beer while having a chat with them. I will then move to my room, in there only a bed, a table, a fan and a mosquito net. Everything I need.

Je ne reste pas, je prend un tuk tuk et me rend en dehors de la ville. J'ai reservé une chambre pour une personne prés de la rivière. Mon chauffeur de tuk tuk me donne son numero de téléphone et me dit de le contacter si je veux ses services de chauffeur. J'arrive à Blue Frog bar hostel, je suis acceuillie par une femme Cambodgienne qui me prend mon sac et me dirige vers le bar. Ma chambre n'est pas encore prête, je bois une bière en attendant. Je fais la connaissance d'un anglais qui travaille ici pendant la saison haute, il repars ce soir. Je rencontre aussi trois autre anglais, une fille et son copain et un homme dans la cinquantaine. Je m'installe dans ma chambre, plutôt primaire; un lit, une table, un ventilateur et une moustiquaire. Tout ce dont j'ai besoin.














I hang out for a while, just relaxing by the river. I chit chat with the British man I met earlier (can't remember his name), he bought a motorbike in Vietnam and is now riding it through Cambodia. Pretty cool. We are then joined by an other guy from Britain, a dude a bit crazy, not totally alone in his body but fun anyway. :D It is getting late and I go hungry, the "mama" will cook me some nice fried rice. Overall I like this place, far from the huzzle and buzzle of the traffic. It is run by a local family that actually lives right next to us.

Je traine un peu, je me prelasse sur la terrace au bord de la rivière. Je papote avec l'anglais que j'ai rencontré plus tôt. Il a acheté une moto au Vietnam et a fait la route jusqu'au Cambodge. Cool. On est rejoins par un autre anglais (decidement), un gars un peu bizarre, gentil mais pas vraiment seul dans sa tête, assez marrant. :D Il se fait tard, j'ai faim. La "mama" va me faire une assiète de riz cantonais au wok. J'aime beaucoup cet endroit, c'est loin du bruit de la ville, prés de la rivière. L'auberge est géré par une famille locale qui vit juste a coté de nous.






Accomodation: Blue Frog hostel, Kampot.