April 06, 2016

Platinum shopping mall, Big C and the chaos of central Bangkok.

Today is just a day to run some errands, pick up laundry, do some shopping; I have to buy a tent, a purse for my camera and get dollars for the Cambodian visa. I had a deliciously meaty breakfast Larb mu, a stir fry of minced porc, chilli and thai basil.

Aujourd'hui, je dois me rendre au Big C, le grand supermarchet de Bangkok pour y acheter une tente, je dois aussi trouver une sacoche pour mon dslr et echancher quelques dollars pour le visa Cambodien. Comme petit déjeuner, Larb mu, une assiète de porc emincé poêllé avec du piment et du basilic thai. Delicieux!


I take a taxi to Platinum shopping mall, the wholesale mall, dirt cheap (but honestly, it's even cheaper in the street) I buy a few tank tops (3 for 300 baht), baggy pants (100 baht) and a pair of cool flip flops (120 baht). This place is a like a maze of cheap clothes. But I felt the need to keep my bag on my chest the whole time I was there as it is packed. I then walked to the big C (without the gps on my phone I would have given up finding it, as walking between the malls was exhausting. In Big C I find the tent, and then head out to find a refreshing drink. I stoped at swansen for a mango ice cream topped with pandan sticky rice. So good!

Je prend un taxi jusqu'au Platinum shopping mall, un centre commercial ou l'on trouve des vêtement pas cher. Je m'achete trois débardeurs (300 baht environ 7,50 euros), un sarouel pour 150 baht et des thong pour 120 baht. J'ai gardé mon sac sur ma pointrine tout le long, cet endroit est tellement confiné et actif que je voulais avoir mon sac en vue. J'ai ensuite marché jusqu'au Big C (merci le GPS sur le telephone!) pour acheter la tente et mangerune glace mango avec du riz aromatise au feuille de pandan, DELICIEUSE et rafraichissante.